Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Love Japan ^^

Since Vicky asked yesterday, I thought I'll show you my Japan pics, editted lightly with Adobe Lightroom while travelling on the Shinkansen (bullet train) hehehe they may not all be v nice by some of your standards but they're my memories of the country I so love... =) but funny the pics look less sat here than on MobileMe or LR...

Here are some pics I like:

It was really difficult to shoot Momijidani (Maple Walk) during peak season without getting cam whores or someone's ass/amputated limb/decapitated head in your frame -.- We stayed at the ryokan (inn) just right in front of the maple garden so I woke up at 6am Japan time (Singapore time 5am), went to cheong the hot spring first then dragged a half-asleep Mr Wong (my husband) to catch a shot of the blooming maple trees. yeah, those two "models" are my husband and I in yukata (kimono-like outfit) =)



The night before, I tried the gold filter that Eunice and I went to buy... I quite like the effect ^^



And this, Kintai-kyo, is one of the top three bridges in Japan, in Iwakuni near Hiroshima. I think people in the ancient times are v smart and i have great respect for those who built magnificent structures with their lack of teknologi



This was shot on a cruise around Kujukushima (99 islands).



And hehehe, Japan also has street-side stalls one wor! It's called Yatai and it's found in Tenjin (Hakata, Kyushu). This stall is run by a father (his back facing camera) and son (holding out noodle) team and the ramen was so good (and cheap!) that we went back again and the old uncle recognised us ^^



and this one's just for laughs! LOL



k la, if want to see more, you can click below:

Kyushu
Miyajima, Iwakuni, Kyoto