Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Redang

I'm not so much of the kind of person to sit around and just wait for something to happen, and while my syndrome of stare-at-photog-blog-screen-hoping-for-a-new-post-to-appear is ever so excruciating, so let me post something... Haha...

I remember last year during the June holidays, I went to Redang for a short R&R trip with my dad and some friends. If you have been to Redang, you'd probably know that there's nothing much there except for the sun, sand and the sea. We stayed at a kinda lao pok resort, each room was small and it had to accomodate 3 to 4 persons each. The food there ain't exactly good either, I think it was quite a pretty successful 4 day weight reduction programme.

I loved snorkeling. It's really fun when you get a bag of bread from the resort lobby, and just swim out to the deeper ends of the waters and start feeding the fish. They flock towards you in all directions, begging to have a bit of the food that you have to offer. More often than not, they'd come right up and kiss your goggles. My dad was elated. He was having a lot of fun, for he was rather tickled by the fishes. I rarely hear him laugh like that. His laughter was really cute then, a mix of amusement and terror. He was feeding the fishes, but he was scared that the fishes would bite his finger off. I went hunting for a baby shark, but I guess he didn't like me and didn't want to meet me, so I got a jellyfish in my face instead. Lols, I only realised a jellyfish was right in front of my goggles after a few minutes and frantically tried to go astern in the water.

Of course, you would be thinking that going on a trip like such would really involve a lot of exposure to sea water- the digital equipment's nemesis- and no one would actually bother bringing an expensive camera. But me being me, I packed the 350D kit and 10-22mm in ziplock bags, packed them into a camera bag, and brought it along with my luggage. (And got my friend to bring her waterproof camera so we can take cool underwater shots.)

When we reached Redang, the tide was coming in but the waters weren't very deep- YET. (When it is high tide, expect to get off the boat with waist high water.) The water was up above my knees, and the beach didn't have a shared dock. We had to get off the boat and into the water, and work our way up to the coast. Well, all I managed to do was to hug the camera bag tight around my chest and start walking.

I'm rather glad I brought the camera despite all unfavourable circumstances. I took a lot of photos, almost 600 pictures. The sorting was terrible because I refused to delete any of the shots -.- terrible mistake, by the way. And I guess some of you might be unacquainted with this three favourite shots of mine from the Redang series I took-

Just wanna share the pics-
IMG_1754

IMG_1723

A Walk by the Beach

I really like landscape photography... maybe because it's one of the easiest to shoot. You just need the right lens and right composition, and you just sit there and wait for the perfect light to press your shutter. Either that, I'm just always lucky. Anyways, the above three shots were sunrise pics which I woke up specially just to take photos of...

P.S. If you're wondering what happened to [Stairway to Heaven], I didn't like it anymore.