Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Old Is Gone, The New Has Come


as my new still-very-shy 7D (his name is "shichi-kun" meaning "little 7" (shichi-chan is more difficult to pronounce than shichi-kun la)) peeked from behind his box to explore the unfamiliar surroundings, i have to pack my 400D for sale and it's rather heart-breaking =(


yes, it's time to say goodbye to my beloved 400D =( i wanted to name him kingston cos i saw "KINGSTON" on his CF card LOL but i think kingston didn't like it so i never really named him =( should have called him 無名 Nameless hahaha... although people think he's just an entry level camera, we have spent a good 3 years and shared many happy memories together =)

some of you will have seen the following photos, especially those who attended the travel photography workshop on wednesday but since the projector was so crappy, you can have a second look =) i am also writing this because i believe all of you will one day own you FIRST camera and together create many beautiful memories =)

our first date was to the Singapore botanic gardens with eunice and king. i like this photo of eunice with an FM2 =)


The first photo i editted using Lightroom ^^


I took part in a Hort Park Photography Exhibition (I think Quentin took part too) and was thrilled to see my photo in their gallery. I remembered Mr Tee and I happened to be at a college event there so we went to see =)


we explored many firsts in Perth


[photo courtesy of Eunice]

and macro in Phuket


we climbed the steps of Angkor Wat


and captured the colours of Malacca


We basked in the warm glow of the evening sun in Koh Samui


and felt the winds kiss our cheeks in Iwakuni


we saw sun rise in kyoto


and the sun set in Bali


we strolled along the river in Kinugawa


and admired the sacred bridge in Nikko


we breathed in the fragrance of the furano blooms


and savoured ramen in Hakata


we adored the vibrant colours


and the friendly deers of Miyajima


we took a cruise around kujukushima



and a boat ride in Huis Ten Bosch

we ate kurobuta in kagoshima


and drank puffer fish tail sake in osaka


we appreciated the beautiful gardens of Nara


and the serenity of Arashiyama


we celebrated the union of Meoto-iwa


and the magnificence of Takayama


we endured the hike up shiroyama


and the cold of shirakawa


we got to know Mozart better in Salzburg


we remembered the victims of war in Hiroshima


and the Jews in Dachau


we almost fainted in the lourve


and almost died scaling Notre Dame


we enjoyed quiet moments by the Alpsee


and chased a bumble bee in Germany


I will miss my 400D... after carrying the 7D for like 5 mins, the 400D felt more like a toy but still, he will always be my first camera =) 我的第一個 (my first) i have grown so accustomed to his dials and buttons that i don't even have to take my eyes off the viewfinder to get what i want =) *sobs* think i'm too emotionally attached to my camera (only xing quan can understand me perhaps...??)

as i was writing this post, i teared... *sobs* i will really miss my first camera and then it occured to me, i want to thank some people... chris, my husband, for the camera =) without which i could not have captured all those special moments i spent with him =) and the two special people who played a big part in leading me into the wonderful world of photography... you know who you are ;)