Thursday, June 17, 2010

Convenience of the 7D =)

Hi Beautihoo Chewrens =)

While you wait patiently for JS's next tutorial, you can take a break from your revision (you have been studying right??) and watch my amateur-ly made Japan videos. I thought you better see mine first before you see PPC's Japan photos shot with 5DMkII and L lens LOL

Sorry my hands are not very steady so sometimes it's like Blair witch project hahaha and my 18-200mm is a bit ngeh ngeh (not smooth) so zoom in zoom out is argh argh argh...

I'm getting lazy... when I feel tired of shooting, I just switch to video mode heehee...

Shizuoka - the home of green tea with verdant tea fields and teahouses everywhere boasts of excellent views of Mt Fuji (if the weather permits). When we were there, we saw only clouds LOL it's also the childhood residence and retirement home of Ieyasu Tokugawa (who unified Japan). The Toshogu Shrine is the first and original one built by Tokugawa's son. The one in Nikko (built by his grandson I think) and all others copy its architecture. The Oigawa Railway is (I think) the only steam locomotive in Japan and definitely the only one which uses the ABT saw-toothed system to climb slopes. Okuoi kojo is a train station that sits on a dam. It's part of the rainbow bridge that runs across the dam.

There's some problem with the second transition...



Kawaguchiko, one of the Fuji five lakes boasts of splendid views of Mt Fuji (if the weather is good). The weather was not good when we were there hahaha but it was still beautiful =) Love the cute trains (at the beginning and end of the clip)

Two of the transitions are a bit off (see if you can spot them!) and I forgot to turn off the sound at the Kawaguchiko Natural Living Centre hahaha. Don't be so ngiao la!



Tateyama Alpine Route was the one I was most looking forward. Unfortunately, 2 days before our trip, the hotel sent us an email to inform us of a last minute maintenance at one part of the route so it was not possible to go all the way. But it's still really beautiful and I strongly recommend this place =)