Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Love Matters

I was assigned to cover the press conference for a Jack Neo film "Love Matters" yesterday.

It was quite an interesting exposure for me. I'm not inexperienced in shooting. I'm not inexperienced in covering events. Neither am I inexperienced in asking people for a photo. What's interesting in this event was that I was shooting local celebs, and the intimidating photographers around make everything all the more scary.

What made the event easy for me, was the presence of the da ge da jie photographers. They are very experienced in shooting such stuff, and I think the shooting part comes very easily to them. For me, I'm still very new to covering such a type of event, hence I had to ride on every opportunity there was. I have to admit I was shy. I feel like J1 all over again. (But then again, I don't remember myself being a shy photographer back in J1.)

However, the celebs were very intuitive too. They would pose for every photographer who was there, and each photog would have their turn with the celebs. All I had to do was the Finger. Haha, don't think about it in the wrong way. Just the simple act of putting up one index finger, the celebs would pose for you, and if there is the luxury of time, you can ask them to pose in any way you would like them to.

Ever since I joined Nanyang Chronicles, there was no form of tutelage and photographers have to just go out accompanying their writers and shoot. Shooting for a paper is almost a wisdom of its own, kinda different from the event photography I was very used to. (You just imagine when you are a green J1 photog who got some tua tua liap event and your senior never help you...)

Nevermind, let me share some pics, but I wont be posting any of those that I submitted to the Chronicles until they are published. Maybe by then, I wouldn't have bothered... =P

Oh, I did manage to shake Yanyan's hand. You know, the papaya sister from 881. She seems to be a very nice and friendly person.

_CON2635 copy
This guy looks really familiar. PPC, is he the one?
He sang the theme song for Love Matters.

_CON2697 copy
The young ones are Malaysian DJs who stars in the movie, alongside with our very adorable ah ma...

_CON2684 small