Saturday, January 17, 2009

The more I think about it, the more I'm worried...

Yes the title says it all...

I'm worried about hard disk failures... therefore I've decided to purchase a backup system...

Most probably will settle on Dlink DNS-323
2-Bay Network Storage Enclosure - DNS-323 by D-Link

Those who are techier can check out the specs...

At least this will allow the 3 comps to share a common backup platform. The Dlink can also act as a print server so we can finally connect all 3 comps to the Epson 9600 through this. Quentin will love this part... it can serve as a FTP server so files can be transfer over the internet...

This would mean Zhenghui will to do some restructuring...

Quent, I most probably need you to do the setting up once this baby comes in. Will let you know.

Oh... in case any guys ask me why not get a quad drive so can have raid 5 system etc.... 

The reason is simple...

Guess...






























No maney, no maney (with a bit of Hong Kong accent)