Monday, January 31, 2011

Peeking through the paddy fields

I had an extremely interesting weekend. Thinking that Sunday was a public holiday, I didn't report to work and went hiking through a village walk. Of course it was only towards the end of the work day then did I realise I was supposed to be at work, but nevermind, I had a good time taking in the sights of the countryside.

_DSC8041fb


We hiked for don't know how many kilometres across some few hills (although to us Singaporeans they look more like mountains) and through some villages, crossed some paddy fields. It was wonderful.

_DSC8049fb

_DSC8053fb
You can see the valley in the background, flanked by two mountains.

_DSC8077fb
The paddy field...

_DSC8089fb
The kid on top of the roof...

_DSC8094fb

_DSC8098fb
This little dog was demanding to have his photo taken. Cute little thing.

_DSC8102fb
"What're you staring at, punk?"

_DSC8111fb

_DSC8115fb
Man keeping warm by snoozing in the sun.

_DSC8137fb
This little calf, too, was keeping warm by snoozing in the sun.

_DSC8140fb

_DSC8070fb
And that's me with glorious mother nature.