Monday, November 3, 2008

Examination Tips for the Mugger Soul

After seeing King's post, I began to think back on the good old times of examinations......

Well since we seniors have been through it, why not give your some tips to help u people in the battle against the exam monster summon by Cambridge the Devil. haha:)


1) Drink water ! No joke water is like brain food. It keeps your brain working and well oiled. Our Brain is 85% water and common sense will tell u that a lack of it will cause some problems, so drink up especially when u are intensely using it during exams. I always have a bottle with me during exams and it is usually gone after the paper. But pls don't drink until you keep going to the toilet k?

2) Bring a jacket if u are afraid of the cold especially if you are super warm blooded. As Kingston have mentioned, the hall's aircon is like piping cold air from south pole. It gets even worse if u are sited in the 3rd and 4th row. The aircon is like directly above your head. If u dont want to end up like kingston who nearly enter a state of preservation, and with hands shaking so hard from convulsion and had to "kek" his hands hard so his words wun end up all fuzzy, bring a jacket it keeps u and your brain nice and warm to think properly.

3) Write
BIG BIG ! It really helps if u are those who will write until u don't know what u writing. You have already paid for the papers, so use as much as u want and exams are not the time to save trees.It also help ease the markers eyes who maybe some grumpy old man in Britain who is marking your paper during christmas. It really pissed them off if your writings are so small and ilegible that it looks like a line of ants have walked across your paper and u just smack them on your paper. For me, I know my handwriting not very nice so I write BIG BIG, so at least the marker can see what I am trying to write. And if u realised that there are many mistakes on your paper, don't bother using correction tape or liquid paper or whatever to correct them. Put that paper away and rewrite on a new piece of paper.

4) Do not Mug liao ! If u are still mugging now when the exams have already started, u are really in trouble. Now is not the time to mug already. Instead just revise on what u have studied and look through the stupid mistakes that u have normally made especially in maths papers. Read through your notes until they are like music to your ears and if u want to burn them and mix with water to drink, I really leave it up to u.
And most importantly get a lot of rest ! At least 7 hrs of complete rest if by SAF standard. Give your mind a break after the papers. U will be sitting through papers after papers consectively and the last thing u wan is a mental block during the exams.

5) I don't know if it works for others but it works for me. Eat a bar of chocolate before going into the exam hall. It perks me up and keep my brain working through the exam. I think it is due to the higher level of sugar that sort of boost my mind.


These are some tips that I used to
get through my A-levels and I guess it works. It might not work for some so pls suit it to your own preference. But I doubt any of them will be reading these cause they are still mugging :( But dont care lah just write cause I just feel like adding on to King's post. haha:)