Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ReDsCaLe

Hey'all... even though I'm kinda sleepy and all, I'll still try and cover this topic as I know ya'll are quite bored aft ur A's... haha..

For those of you who are getting excited already...sry to break the bubble.. its a film-only technique.. haha.. Basically, its redscale photography is similar to B&W pics, except that the colour ranges from red to yellow instead of black to white. Enough of me talking.. besides there is nth really much else to talk about anyway.. Onwards! To the pictures!!








Well, its simple to make redscale film, you just go to "invert" the film. You do it by rolling the film into another film canister inverted.. haha.. but its tough shooting with redscale film, cos ur shooting through the back of the film which is slightly opaque (and because the back is reddish and the last colour chemical layer is red; that's where u get the reddish effect from) you shoot at around 2-3 stops slower...ISO 200 becomes like ISO 50...heh..

Btw, I got an extra roll of redscale film to be shot at ISO 25.. If you have an old film camera sitting around and you wanna try it out, let me know.. haha