Thursday, April 23, 2009

Been waiting to blog about this...

I've been wanting to blog about this but have been too bogged down by work. But something happened today so I decided to blog a short one...

I've always been a believer in 'finishing well', 'the process/journey is what matters most' and the need for reflection.

The starting of this year has been a trying one for all of us.

There were words spoken out of anger, frustration and sadness.

The SPCA project was one project in which faultlines were all exposed... but it was good for everyone of us because without that, we would not have reach a deeper understanding. It was through all these 'trials' that I got to know your hearts...

At that time, I was thinking where would I find within myself to love you guys the way I loved the previous EXCOs... to a certain extent, I was 'blinded'. I valued competency at the expense of the heart... In a sense, I kinda forgotten what matters most to me as a teacher and that is to teach the heart first then the mind...

So EXCO 08/09, you guys have no idea how much I have learnt from you all... you guys have such big hearts...

Thank you for being my teachers...

PPC