Monday, April 6, 2009

Camp Aperture 2

Hello everyone!!! I wanted to post sooner, on the rest of the camp, but I came home to a spoilt monitor (and yes, I did turn it on and off again: didn't work) and was too tired anyways... I was talking to Shirleen in the clubroom just now, and she told me how she kept jerking awake on the bus and mrt home from having fallen asleep standing up. Haha! Everyone else was apparently looking at her oddly...

But I also lah, walking up the stairs home I had to cling on to the wall to not collapse from fatigue.

Still, the camp was damn shiokk!!!

After that funny little post of mine, we gave the J1s a wakeup call, and me and Mumtaz had to rush to West Plaza's 7eleven to buy Ribena (cause we didn't have enough Milo). For breakfast, we had a very eclectic variety of jam/nutella bread, biscuits, sponge cakes and more biscuits!

While they feasted at the study benches, we set up the SLRs for the morning! This time it was DoF/Perspective at Old Clubroom-soon-to-be-rock-climbing-clubroom, Studio as well as Photoshop at the New Clubroom.

I will here give a very belated apology for my lack of energy and enthusiasm in teaching the macro/prime/DoF/Perspective session. Should have tried harder to sleep lah! What it consisted of was... I gave a brief technical lesson, then they were free to shoot small objects with macro lenses and prime lenses and 70-200 and some more. And while they were exploring, me, Angeline, Ms Koh (when she was around), Eric, and Xing Quan (when he came) sat on the workbench and stoned.

Yep.

Oh but the New Clubroom was a very different story! It was very noisy, and I think they had a lot of studio camwhoring fun... Muehehe... Not too sure about that though, I only stepped in for about 3 minutes.

Ah well... Then we had to rushrushrush pack up everything and reorganise the equipment, readying the J1s for the outing! Angeline fell into the stressed-out-quietness thingy that all stressed-out people tend to do when in need of concentration. Ooh, I think Xing Quan took a video of Angeline kneeling down surrounded by cameras and lenses in the Backroom (includes footage of super wideeyed ZhengHui - eh XingQuan, post here leh!!! >_<). Something unfortunate also happened so Angeline had to leave after that and couldn't continue in the camp. Don't worry though, it turned out okay. :) Anyways, we went to Plaza Singapura, and had lunch there, ordered from Canadian Pizza! Mr Cheng also distributed the cameras provided by Canon there, and we headed off for the outing! My group went to shoot (together with Mumtaz's) Emerald Hill, which was about ten minutes walk away. It was so so so super humid!! Also, UNLUCKILY for everyone it rained halfway!! No cameras were harmed in the process. Phew. *wipes sweat* The rain wasn't too bad though, lasted for about half an hour and we all proceeded to Marina Barrage, reaching at about 5 or 5.30pm. That was a really really good place to take photos at!! The children were running about in the fountains with unreserved joy! Excite! Yip Hoi Kee, here we come! Hahaha... So anyways, Mr Cheng arrived with the gigantic $_ _ _ chocolate mudcake from Secret Recipe, with the words "Happy 1st Photography Camp!" iced on, and we headed up to the picnic area. There, we had the cut-caking ceremony, with short speeches from Elliot and Mr Cheng, and everyone relaxed on the grass and ate with full view of the picturesque cityscape.

OH. AND PHOEBE CAKED ME.

I was so happily digging into my mudcake, and was only 1/4 through, when I felt this moist squishy substance being wiped on my cheek.

Well, at least, the remaining 3/4 of my cake ended up on Phoebe, with 1/4 actually landing in her ear.

Yeah, eew. ^_^

And that was it! Apart from gathering for a very nice group shot (where everyone could smell the wafts of chocolate cream from mine and Phoeb's hair), we'd finished the camp!!!!!

:)

Thank you to the J1s for making this such a memorable experience. It was a pleasure to conduct the camp for such enthusiastic members so full of life and energy, and with such a willingness to learn!! Especially to my group. :)

Thank you to Kuan Yee, Gina, Phoebe, Xin Yi, Humairah, Syaz, Hilma and Sharon! For taking time out to help out with the camps and making it work out so effieciently. Your liveliness was priceless and ability to engage the J1s was even more so. Thanks again!!! :D

Thank you to Mr Cheng and Ms Koh, for giving us the opportunity to fulfill our wish to have a Photography Club Camp! We honestly could not have done it without you and all the help especially for the planning bit! Mr Cheng, you made the impossible possible!

Finally, THANK YOU to the exco! Elliot, me (haha), Shirleen, Angeline, Zheng Hui, Mumtaz, Vanessa and Chin Chye!!!!!!!!!!!! We did it!! We Did It! WE DID IT!!!!! Yay! You're the best exco members I could ever ask for... and I would never ever ever want to replace these memories with anything else. :D :D :D

Exco! BFF4EVAZ kk? ;D