Thursday, September 25, 2008

Spooky- the queen of the household!

I know this post has got nothing to do with photography... but if life is always about photography, will be a bit boring hor. So now let me do a photo-blog about my pet Spooky! I hope likewise the rest of you will do the same to intro to the rest about your pets (in your free time)... Hahaha... Hey Milo, Buttons, West and Claire, Spooky says Hi!

Spooky is better at English than Lolspeak.

_DSC2194 copy small
I ish akchually donch kare, but Eunice inseests. ok Hi hoomins.

I have had Spooky since I was 12. My sis and I always wanted a pet, but my parents didn't like keeping one. My sister tried guppies, but they died soon after and they served to become garden fertilizers. Then one day, my sis walked past the void deck at one of the blocks at the 800 plus area, and there! a meowing little helpless kitten. But FIERCE.

My sis, la di da, picked it up, stuffed it in her bag, and brought her home. My parents protested against the thought of having a kitten at home, and so for a week or so Spooky slept outside the front door in a picnic basket lined with a thick towel. We would feed it everyday with Whiskers, but this little kitten doesn't like the kitten formula we bought her (not made in China, luckily) the least bit.

In the first two days, Spooky didn't have her own litter box. She needed to go urgently, so she peed and shat in the corner outside my front door, and used one of my sister's slippers to "cover" it up! When I left the house, I thought how come the slipper was at an odd position, where the other was still on the steps of my door... then did we realised she used the slipper to cover up her litter!

We knew we picked up a smart kitty.

She would meow us to pick up the phone, meow us when the soup was boiling out of the pot, some of the normal stuff house pets would usually do... but then I also realised this princess of ours... meowed over something else as well...

_DSC2339 copy small
I am the QUEEN! Bow down to my presence.

After she visits her litter pan, she would accidentally kick sand out of the box door. When she was a kitten, the floor around the litter box was scattered with sand. She would then meow and meow and wouldn't stop meowing until I cleaned her litter box and swept all the scattered sand around it.

Aiyoo.

DSC_6941 copy small
What have I done now??

She has an array of games that she plays with us, like Catching, Hide and Seek, Goalkeeper, Box and Catch-the-hand-scratching-the-sofa. She likes to go out and guard her territory, but she has a high tolerance level for my neighbour's cat, Chico.

DSC_0054 copy small
Woman, you realise I'm bathing right?

This cat Chico, is a samseng. He likes to eat goreng chicken, and he loves to come over for dinner in the form of finishing Spooky's dinner. Spooky would always give way to him.

DSC_0090 copy small
Exkuse me, I is stardying!

Spooky reads too. She would often read the newspapers by sitting squarely in the middle when you try to read them, and her dinner never without fail, served with a section from the newspaper. MY cat knows more currant affairs than you do. She reads my textbooks too, and some of my sister's story books like The Little Prince and Di Xia Tie (地下铁). When she gets tired of reading, she falls asleep on the books.

Other than reading, Spooky enjoys listening to classical music. Before leaving house, my father would programme half an hour's worth of 92.4 for her to listen. She has listened to more orchestral music than I had in my entire life. Junsen, Spooky shares the same taste as you do!

What people say about cats sleeping 2/3 of their lives is true. (If hoomins sleep 8 hours a day, we sleep 1/3 of our lives too!) They sleep through the day, and because they follow human nature, they sleep part of the night too. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, we'd find a dead cockroach or a dead lizard, half its body in the living room and the other half in the kitchen or something.

DSC_0160 copy small
The lion sleeps tonight.
DSC_0004 copy small

At around 6pm everyday, she would meow to have her dinner served. In the event that all of us were going out that evening and have our dinner at around 5 plus, she would walk into the kitchen demanding that her dinner was served, too.

_DSC2217 copy small
Yoo sed DINNER? Icanhascheezburger?

Don't be silly. Cats don't eat cheese burgers.

DSC_0051 copy small
HMPH. How would YOU know?

_DSC2285 copy small
Hey, if you have nothing better to do, why not... hm, FEED ME? I'd love some abalone and scallops.

Yes, Spooky likes abalone, scallops and Lin Zhi Yuan ba gua. Our pampered little kitty~

P.S. All above photos are taken with the club's trusted D100. Nice, hor? (oh yeah, I took these photos when I was a J1...)

And here's a pic relating to photoshop-
humorous pictures
more animals