Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some things that made me proud...




First thing. One of Shirleen's entry for the SYPA was selected by SGH to be displayed.
I'm very glad n proud of her. And for those who have yet to received any form of recognition. Do not be dismayed. What's most important is to go out there and capture images that speak to you. If there's any recognition, just take it as a bonus.
Remember its all about passion (not about winning competitions yada yada yada).
Congrats Shirleen.
The second thing is that Quentin had a chance to share with the JC1s his journey and development as a leader.
If not for the fact that I had to conduct a staff elective. I would definitely be there and I wanted to be there to hear what Quent has to say.
I asked my colleagues who were there about the talk and they were very impressed. What were they impressed about??? It was the sincerity, the authenticity and the conviction when Quent talked about his journey.
Quentin, I'm proud of you.
(But before your head grows too big for you, remember that part of the success were due to the people that blazed the path before you....)
This goes to all future generations of exco and leaders. Remember... You are successful only when your successors are more successful than you...
PPPC (Proud Papa Cheng)