Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thank you all for supporting the outing today! I'm very happy. In fact, I'm in a state of euphoria. *high on jolly shandy* (nah, I'm not that lousy a drinker LAH.)

As usual, no photos for another two weeks because I have reverted back to my FM2 whilst my D40 is in safe hands of a friend.

However, a brief recount of what happened today for those who could not make it for the outing~

We trooped into OCH, a strength of twenty people storming into the main entrance of the sorry excuse of a hospital. What seemed to be scary and creepy last September no long looked scary and creepy anymore. After all, the place ought to be scared of us. ROAR! We'll shoot the place to death. Which I think the kiddies did. (I only finished a miserable roll of Velvia 100.)

I managed one group shot at OCH with about 15 people in it... Say the truth, I did a double exposure in the last shot to create a ghost effect. I hope that will turn out nicely like i wanted it to be. The old birds got together in the watch house thingy at the top of the ambulance bay and did a nice group shot. "Old bird exclusive shot", according to Xing Quan.

King and I managed to get onto the flooded roof top, and the view up there was superb. In terms of military watch out point. In any case, OCH was a military base before it was converted to become a hospital because of it's strategic location on top of a hill overseeing the whole of Changi Beach. Can see all the big big small small ships and boats. The way up was kinda difficult too, because it was the kind of roof top access metal ladder through a skinny column and when I reach the top, gravity was pulling back at me more than usual. Both of us having to balance our weight with a cam and bag slung behind, the ladder stopped shot at our waist when we got all the way up the ladder. We had to grab some flimsy piece of wood and the floor of the rooftop to get on. It was still flooded as ever, but we hecked and got on anyway. We got our shoes wet. Urgh. I swear if I ever slip off that darned ladder, I'd definitely die. Oh well. If I break the 15-30mm lens don't mind can cremate with me, and remember to give me a 12 flash gun salute hor. =P

After we left OCH, we went down the hill onto Hendon Road and there was this high wall of about 2 metres high and I had this idea to fit everyone in for a "normal" group shot. In the end, five of us ended up scaling that wall to pose for the group shot, with the occasional passing gaping pedestrians. And not to forget, wide eyed uncle pointing at us from inside the bus as it passed. Of course, we waved like heroes of Iwo Jima. Jun Sen managed to get up SOC style- which is- running, jumping, planting both fists onto wall and PULL. He got a cut on his arm, but our armor infantry boy will do just fine. Vicky's was a little more interesting. She wanted Zheng Hui to give her a leg up, but in the end I grabbed her hips and shoved her as high I could manage, cheerleading style. Mine was... let's say... it got both Vicky and Xiuqi laughing.

*blush, smiles sheepishly*
I put both hands on the top of the wall, climbed up step by step like rock climbing, gave myself a pull, and ended with my stomach on the high wall. I was stuck. I was flailing my arms and legs, trying to "bounce" my way onto the wall. In the end, I screamed for help with my arms and legs still flailing in the air, and Vicky admitted she was hoping she had a cam in her hands at that time. Well... Vicky managed to grab one of my legs as I swung it towards her direction and I rolled onto the wall. Desperate times require desperate measures. I have no idea how Zheng Hui and Xing Quan managed to get onto the wall, but the five of us definitely didnt let the opportunity to cam whore go by. And neither did a few of them let the opportunity of taking our pics to go by. A nice jogger helped us take a few shots despite we were all ready to go with the cam set up on the tripod with the timer winded down. Unfortunately, Yun Su who tried as hard as she could didnt manage to make it up the wall.

The way down was definitely more exciting than the way up. Of course it involved jumping and ass-planting-into-grass-with-knees-that-just-simply-gave-way-to-gravitational-acceleration. After all the guys jumped, Vicky grabbed me in terror. I just jumped before I let her freak me out. Instead of landing in a half squat with the spring of my thighs and shins, my heavy ass planted into the grass first. Ooof. Boy, the grass was soft. Vicky came down next. She's a fine girl who's up for dares.

We left for Kelong Walk along Changi beach but the sky didnt do any good for us today. The sun set into the clouds, but I was content to have seens the kids and kiddies have fun chatting with each other. And there was an apparent inquiry about Zheng Hui's sexual orientation. HMmmmmmmm.... Hahahaha...

Ok that's all from me folks~
Will upload the group shots when I get all my film developed and scanned =)

"PHOTOG!!!!!!" *raises right fist* <--------- this one is from Kingston