Wednesday, May 26, 2010

300 words' never enough...

"In my journey as the Vice-President of MJC Photography, I have developed myself as a better leader. While being engulfed in the crossfire between academic expectations and photography demands, I have managed to acquire better time-management skills and know my priorities. There was once when I was the overall-in-charge for several projects and assigned the chief-photographer for various major events, the overwhelming stress from my teachers, peers, family and even myself led to me being on the verge of breaking down and giving up. However, my burning passion for photography and my fundamental reasons of joining the executive committee are often the agents that drive me through these tough times, together with the support from the teachers and eight lovely excos. Doubling the role as a project manager, I have to constantly look for opportunities to enrich the lives of my fellow photographers. Although Mr Royston Cheng regards the welfare of his photographers as his priority, he often pressurizes the excos to challenge the process and pushes me beyond my limits. It is through all these exhibitions, competitions and explorations that I have come to realize the importance of teamwork and understand the meaning of “the process of learning matters more than the results” and “practice makes perfect”. I fervently believe that in order to inspire my members to take better photos, I have to undoubtedly refine my skills as a photographer to show the others what they can do as well. I am confident that I have successfully achieved this as I see my juniors replicating my photos after each photo-sharing session. Although my experience as a meridian leader wasn’t a smooth-riding one, I feel that it is these little imperfections that constitute my perfect leadership journey in Meridian.

I have never regretted joining Meridian Junior College Photography Club. "

This is my meridian photography experience, what's yours? (:

Hi everbody!!!(in shruthi's voice)... yes, this is my first post ever since i joined photog. ;DD oh and Mr Cheng ask me to post a self-reflection of my Meridian Leader's Portfolio, so here it is...

posted by kenny, ex-vice-president.