Thursday, May 6, 2010

On a happy occassion like this ^-^

Happy Birthday to my new QM & I :D

(Sorry I've yet to find out your name, but I will this coming Saturday, which is dear Sam Sim's birthday :D ).

 

As the date approaches to my birthday & eventually stops at this very day, I keep thinking of one thing again and again.

Last year this day was a Wednesday & all the JC2s had their Chemistry SPA (Skill A I think).

I received many, many well wishes, both for my birthday and the SPA.

Didn't feel that birthday is a significant event in life, didn't feel that way most of the times.

The day went on as per normal with "Happy Birthday!" here and there.

I still remember the last lecture was Physics lecture, so it was just Vanessa (you all will know her this Saturday too ^-^) and I heading towards the clubroom together.

You feel happy when people remember you birthday, but when they did more than just that, it really melts your heart.

While heading from LT4 (or rather, the toilet beside the LTs) to the class room, and at the walkway/bridge/whatever you call that, I heard this..

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.."

At the study benches outside the hall, the people who meant a lot to me...

The Alumni, current members, Mr Cheng & Ms Koh.

The present, the cards, the cake & everything.

The truth is, I was embarrassed for a nanosecond because I don't really like elaborate affairs like this & the photographers were pressing the shutter buttons non-stop as I walked towards them.

But it disappeared almost as instantly as it appeared because I was really, really very touched.

This is, the Photography Club for me.

We remember each other, we appreciate one another.

Of course, this is just one of the beauty among all the shit that we have to go through together.

But what we see, is the rose and not its thorns.

We accept one another in every way that we can, and we give one another the support that they need no matter what it is about.

We fought, but we reconciled, and it brings us even closer.

 

I guess all the 09/10 EXCO understands this already, while the 10/11 EXCO is just about to start their journey.

Whenever there's a need, you can always seek help from the Alumni (EXCO members go there post-retirement haha!).

We will all help you guys/girls to have the best memories in your life, something you'll never forget.

So much so that, after your JC days end, you'll just look back and say "I miss school".

But I miss them even more, including those not in the above photograph.

See you all on Saturday then :)

 

Till then we meet :)