Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stepping Down


*Ivan's baby photo is in Indonesia.

It only seemed yesterday that I was appointed QM in Exco 09/10 but in reality, slightly more than one year has zoomed by.

My very first heart attack ......
"Sam, when I look through the viewfinder, it's really dark...." Someone complained to me. I tried to adjust the settings but nothing changed. My panic mode was switched on. I asked Chin Chye (Auxiliary Member 08/09) for help. After checking, he said that the aperture was locked.
I went "THEN HOW. OMG OMG."
"Tell Mr Cheng."
"HUHHHHHHH" I could visualise Mr Cheng's raised eyebrows, frowns on his forehead and that loud booming voice going........... "SAM!!!!!!!!"

Of course, being a QM was not that smooth especially during peak periods, when I receive loads of requests - apologies for not being able to fulfill some of them. I also suffered many "mild heart attacks."
BUT

I survived.

I have no regrets.

I take this this opportunity to thank my predecessor, Angeline for her advice and guidance. I now pass the baton on to the new Quarter Mistress 10/11 - Jia Yi. "Enjoy it, the time will fly by quickly."


My experience in PHOTOG has also been a special and memorable one because of EXCO 09/10 and I really want to thank all of them for making my life even more awesome. (:


Shruthi! "SAM SIM SI YING" Whenever I hear this, I know it's you! And then you will squint your eyes and glare at me. And I will do the same thing back at you. We will then both smile. It's really quite embarrassing especially in the lecture hall. But it is fun. My friends say we are CRAZY. LOL. Thank you for leading us through 09/10.

Kenny! 7 UP.! (You really look like Fido Dido) TOOT TOOT! I love making fun of you because you don't get pissed. haha.. You have always been helpful....thank you. And you have totally changed from the serious Kenny to one who jokes more.

Soon Hao & Justin! You two are always "gaying" around! LOL. Thank you both for always offering to help me and lifting my spirit by being your high selves. You two are always doing things that make people laugh real hard. Oh! I have already eaten half that gigantic tube of sweets. Totally diabetic now!

Chin Yee! My best bus khaki! Going home became much less boring along that long stretch of walkway. (We live in the same area...along the same road.) At your gate, we will say "See you tomorrow at the clubroom...AGAIN!" Then both of us would roll our eyes, laughing. You have always been so accommodating. I remember when you, Gil and I went shopping ........we saw socks which came in a set of 3. Gil and I looked at you and you went "fineeee." LOL.

Errfeeee! I will miss your laughter..... you laugh - with our eyes closed, we will know it's you. Thank you for being tolerant of my requests and helping to fulfill them. Remember the flower poster?? HA HA.

Gillian! I will miss the times when we sit at the QM corner, gossiping while we clean the lenses. I recall the many times we would have missed alighting from the bus because we talked non-stop during the journeys. Without Chin Yee, we would have travelled to the other end of the island. Thank you for always being there when I need a listening ear.

Ivan! Thank you for being patient with me when I am unable to fulfill all your requests for equipment. ~ if only we had more lenses~ * hint hint* to Mr Cheng.

Cheng Boon! Thank you for sharing your knowlege on photography.... for assisting.... for being with the EXCO till late at night when we need your help. We greatly appreciate it.
EXCO 09/10 was blessed with Cheng Boon as an Auxiliary Member. EXCO 08/09 had Chin Chye. I hope and believe that the J1s will strive and EXCO 10/11 will also be blessed with at least one Auxiliary Member.
Mr Cheng & Miss Koh! Many, Many "thank yous" for being there. I have learnt a great deal from both of you.

In short, I will miss all of you....*sob sob*.....the past year has been a fulfilling and memorable one.

~God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.~
All the best Exco 10/11.

Cheers,
SamSim
ex-QM (Exco 09/10)