Monday, March 30, 2009

Bali ^^

since there are not many posts with photos, let me contribute some =)

while the JC2s were mugging away during the Mar hols, i was in Bali with Mr Wong (i am also called Mrs Wong) ^^

we went to Teggallalang rice terraces


armed with my trusty 400D with 18-200mm, my lowepro containing my other stuff and my gitzo as a walking stick, i wound my way halfway down the terrace just to explore explore and met an old farmer who posed for me =)



Mt and Lake Batur (photos weren't v nice cos misty misty) but i did find some fruit stalls selling seasonal fruits


saw some tattooists (temporary tattoos)


and families out for a day of fun


Tanah Lot where there's a temple that looks as though it is floating on water (when the tide is high)


Sunset at Uluwatu


of all the places we visited on day 2, this has to be my favourite. the view is quite spectacular and you can sit or stand right at the edge of the cliff (barrier-free) to take in the picturesque sight.

you may catch the kecak dance if you wish (we didn't) and explore the area a little, which is inhabited by numerous wild, naughty monkeys.



take care of your belongings especially hats and glasses as they will come when you let your guard down, snatch them away and dart off. but there're natives there who will give the monkey some food in exchange for your item then charge you a small fee to "redeem" it back. one lady had her glasses snatched away and had to pay 20,000 Rp (about SGD$3) for it -.-