Saturday, March 28, 2009

Journals of the King's chancellor- Chapter 5.1- The Rift

Dear diary,

I, a loyal subject and chancellor of the Kingdom of Photography > MJC, pledge today to sacrifice anything at any cost for the independence and prosperity of the Nation, even if I have to lay down my life. What makes me frown after every court meeting is the way His Majesty and his Royal Advisor have been quarreling of late. As chancellor, I am always stuck between their silly fights. What also woes me of is our jovial Empress Dowager, Her Majesty, has been looking rather irritated of late, and everyone in court knows who really is in reigns. Whoever said that men rule the courts? As much as our country is matriarchal, the Woman is the one with the Absolute power.

I noticed His Majesty has stopped talking to his Royal Advisor, and in turn, I'm left to become the runner between the King's study and the Ministry of Manpower, which has recently taken on tasks that were supposed to be assigned to the Administration. Having stepped on both His Majesty's toes and mine (diary, though I'm His Majesty's cousin, I have no voice to stand against the gigantic volume of the Royal Advisor) it's not difficult to understand why His Majesty refuse to talk to the Royal Advisor. No one was also able to figure out how the Royal Advisor was able to manage administrative tasks, managing manpower, organise public events, attend charity balls all by himself. I bet if he was an octopus, he'd would also have managed our Nation's banks and reserves.

Her Majesty, on the other hand, who used to frequently bless us with her royal presence, has stopped visiting the beautiful courts of the Administration. It has left all the court officials puzzled of her absence, for she had always been sweet and generous, and never had any misgivings about the court officials. His Majesty seems to have felt the abnormality, and confided in me, that he too, felt that Her Majesty had been acting weirdly.

One warm night- Her Majesty- dear diary, she sent me a pigeon. I was just about to go to bed as when the white little thing flew into my room. Upon reading the message, my heart almost jumped out of my mouth and onto the floor. I finally knew what's wrong with Her Majesty. It would seem to her that she, too, felt that the Royal Advisor was getting out of hand. Not just the Royal Advisor, but also His Majesty......... and Me!

That moment, I thought my head was going to drop off from my neck.

But dear diary, I am in sorrow. Having yet built our young Nation into a strong and prosperous country, I have to die not thanks to an unloyal act to their Royal Highnesses, but due to the incapabilities of the court. The court is struck into not half, but many divisions, and officials no longer act upon one heart. Passion have blinded our eyes, we fight against each other, leaving one another scarred and tired.

Diary, I have decided to put an end to this. Everyone's getting tired of this war.

Tomorrow, I'm going to send pigeons of peace to His Majesty, Her Highness and the Royal Advisor. Our annual population have increased again. The people did not pledge their loyalty to our Country to see strife within the royal family, but because they believed we are able to give them peace and a better life.

Dear diary, my head will be on the guillotine in no time if I'm not careful, so please give me some courage.