Monday, March 30, 2009

More on Bali ^^

When I travel, i like to take photos of people more than the sights because I feel that sometimes you take lai take qu is same one LOL so when i get tired, i will open my eyes big big and beow here beow there look see look see. Balinese are very friendly, especially the children, and will smile at you when you ask, "can take photo?"

Balinese Dancers (children)






Balinese Dancers and Musicians (professional)




hehehe, for the above, a german guy with a nikon D70 and 16-85mm lens saw me using my tripod and asked to borrow it. i lent it to him and he reciprocated by handing me his ticket for the performance so that i could go in and get some close-up shots LOLLL how nice of him. this is called win-win strategy kekeke =D my close-up shots turned out much better than the 200mm zoomed ones from the restaurant. Danke schön!!

there are many festivities such as the barong, which is kinda like our lion dance except that it's led by children. groups of village children move from around with a pig-like puppet and shop-owners invite them to make noise and dance so as to "ward off evil spirits". we were dining at cafe lotus when i got distracted by the commotion outside so i dashed out with my camera =))




i also ventured outside the resort and found some locals doing laundry in the river =)


children bathing in the same river



balinese women with offerings


balinese woman selling sarong


musicians in the resort