Monday, August 4, 2008

Inspiration

Insipration, sometimes it just strikes and sometimes no matter how hard you wish it would strike, it just doesn't arrive (and most of the time it doesn't, like you trying hard to win the 8million toto draw) 

I have to agree with Jun Sen in his "F-stop blues" post that music do insipre you when you taking photos especially embarking on a photographic trip alone. I was listening to some of my favourite songs while clicking the shutter button away during the trip i made to HortPark sometime ago this year. I didn't know why but i thought that was one of the most meaningful photographic trip i've made, as one of the photos i took eventually became an award-winning photograph that i really value it alot. 

I know some of my exco might say that i do have weird music taste, especially me constantly trying to play hokkien songs or old old old chinese songs, but yes i listen to "normal" music

Like what JS have said, everyone has its own music tastes, but i'd like to share some of my favourite tunes. I've complied them into a CD entitled - Insipration. I'll place one copy in the clubroom, and hope it inspires you, especially listening to it while studying away during the wee hours of the night or inside the clubroom. Most of these songs are perhaps relatively unknown to you all, but trust me they're worth listening to. 

Genre: Popular/Rock 

no.|Artist|track name

1. LaRocca - Sketches (20 Something Life)
2. Carolina Liar - I'm not over
3. Jurassic 5 - Work It Out (ft. Dave Matthews Band)
4. Daniel Powter - Free Loop
5. Yael Naim - New Soul
6. Nerina Pallot - Sophia
7. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
8. Travis - Closer
9. The Hours - Ali in the jungle (very inspirational song!)
10. Snow Patrol - Warmer Climate
11. Coldplay - Speed of sound
12. Fall out boy - Grand theft autumn
13. Feist - 1,2,3,4 
14. Craig David - Rise & Fall (ft. Sting)
15. Daniel Powter - Bad Day (Acoustic)