Saturday, August 2, 2008

A New Chapter Opens

Come, repeat after me!

I am proud to be a MJC Photography Club member!
I am proud to be a valued member of the Alumni Society of MJC Photography!
Eunice is the coolest Alumni President ever, ever.


I have totally lost my voice after talking to Ms Lai. I think I've never felt prouder to be a member of the Photog club.

During College day report today, Ms Lai made special mention of our club as we have 'excelled' this year in various competitions. After the buffet, Mr Andrew Tan visited our exhibition and was rather impressed with the photos.

Ms Angela Yong has also congratulated me and said that the exhibition was "very very nice" this morning while we were setting up.

Mr Cheng invited Ms Lai to come over to visit, but she didn't come over after we waited for very long.

Ms Koh:"Eh, I BHB go over and kay kay dunno you (PPC) ask her already, then I ask again lah!"

Me:"Ya go go go!"

Ms Koh:"Don't want la. Later she say we BHB."

Mr Cheng:"You know, what... if really want BHB, you guys just go and ask her over la! We stand here and watch. ^^"

Me:"OK GO GO GO!!!!"

So the three of us King, JS and I trotted off looking for Ms Lai in the canteen, whom was speaking to a couple of students for their PW. So on ah, Saturday also do PW!

Me:"Ms Lai, the Photography Club Alumni would like to invite you to come and view our exhibition."

We walked back to the exhibition place, and had her read the foreword that was written by Kingston. The first thing she said- "Hmm! Good!"

We discussed some possibilities of having a Alumni portal for the different alumni associations that are pre-existing in the school, namely Choir and Band. She even asked whether she could publish our exhibition on the school website! I agreed immediately.

Some of the things Ms Lai said-
"You guys are a really talented bunch... We should bring these exhibitions into shopping centres... In the inter-JC photo exhibition, no other JC could exhibit the same level of photography as our college. Although I could see that VJC was able to capture very very beautiful images, but our students were able to capture things in a totally different perspective... Could even make a nail in the wall look so interesting!... This exhibition is very well done."

Heh. Mr Cheng always give me the same look when it comes to printing...
Ms Lai:"I think you guys should move the exhibition elsewhere in case someone steals these photos after hours."

Me:"Well, if someone steals our photos, it is a GOOD thing. It means we are good! So I'd just reprint and put it back up."

*PPC starts scratching cheek*

Ms Lai:"We should move our exhibitions into shopping centres. We can ask and see which shopping centre is willing to give us a space for an exhibition."

Me:"And then we could get Nikon to sponsor us, and PRINT our photos BIG BIG!!"

*PPC continues to scratch cheek*

AND-

*drum roll*

Ms Lai:"I will set aside a budget for yearly overseas trip for the photography club."
Well, she actually asked me whether I have enough money to join the club in their overseas trips.

Ms Lai took a few photos with us all after chatting, and I HAVE to say this-

I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF PHOTOG ALUMNI.

To PHOTOG!!!!!!!
PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB ROARS!